Don’t Put a Cool Car in a Hot GarageMay 2, 2019
Did you notice how hot your garage was this summer? Most garage doors are thin corrugated sheet metal that not only provide zero insulation but actually become a huge heat sink that blasts heat into your garage while the sun is shining on it. This is especially true for westward-facing garage doors.
We have had customers asking if we could help with this exact issue, and we always answer “no problem!” There’s nothing special to do, just use LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation the same way you would applied it to your vehicle. Simply tape or foil off the areas where you don’t want LizardSkin and quickly spray your way to a cooler garage!
Why Use LizardSkin CI?
LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation is an easy way to control the heat in your car (or in this case, your garage). In addition to its easy spray-on application, there are many other reasons to choose LizardSkin heat shield coating, including:
- Eliminates the hassle and waste of cut-and-paste mat insulation
- Easy to apply to irregular surfaces and geometries
- Adheres to most any material
- Provides a continuous protective moisture barrier
- No respirator is needed during application (although a dust mask/protective eyewear is recommended)
- Environmentally friendly solution that can be cleaned up with soap and water
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 500°F (260°C)
- One-part coating system with a protective, seamless membrane
- Lightweight (around 0.1 lbs/ft2)
- Class A fire-rated
One 2-gallon container of LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation will cover 45-50 ft2 at 0.040” (40 mils/1mm) thickness dry. How much do I need?