Car Insulation Coating for Heat or Thermal Protection
LizardSkin’s Ceramic Insulation coating is a premium spray-on car heat insulation product for all trucks, street rods, customs, jeeps, vans, race cars, or your next classic car restoration prject — wherever heat is a problem. LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation (CI) is an advanced spray-applied auto insulation coating that consists of a water-based composition of high-grade acrylic binders with insulating particulates to create a thermal barrier.
With LizardSkin’s spray-on ceramic thermal auto insulation, heat entering the interior is reduced by 30°F or more, making for a cooler, more comfortable ride. For maximum automotive thermal performance, encapsulate the entire interior and all appropriate exterior surfaces.
Why Use LizardSkin CI?
LizardSkin-CI is on of the most modern insulation methods to control the heat in your car. In addition to its easy spray-on application, there are many other reasons to choose LizardSkin, including these features:
- Eliminates the hassle and waste of cut-and-paste insulation
- Easy to apply to irregular surfaces and geometries
- Adheres to most any material
- Provides a continuous protective moisture barrier
- No respirator is needed during application (although a dust mask/protective eyewear is recommended)
- Environmentally friendly solution that can be cleaned up with soap and water
- Able to withstand sustained temperatures up to 375˚F (177˚C), and spikes up to 500°F (260°C)
- One-part coating system with a protective, seamless membrane
- Lightweight (around 0.1 lbs/ft2)
- Class A fire-rated
One 2-gallon container of LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation will cover 45-50 ft2 at 0.040” (40 mils/1mm) thickness dry. How much do I need?
Watch Ceramic Insulation In Action!
SuperPro Application Kit
This kit provides exactly what’s needed for professionals and hobbyists to easily apply LizardSkin coatings.
Glossy Top Coat
This product puts the finishing touches on your project as it acts as a durable, moisture-resistant final layer.